This site is collection of programs developed in a different time united by the idea to show
simple way of programming something that looks complicated up front. Here is the list of topics:
- Static Arithmetic Coding. Provides theoretical explanation of arithmetic coding and several
fast encoders capable of managing large alphabets.
- Adaptive Arithmetic Coding. Shows several solutions and theoretical explanation for adaptive
coding, where each symbol is encoded differently depending on preceding context.
- Asymmetric Numeral Systems. New algorithm for the entropy coding implemented without multiplication
and division by only logical operations.
- Elementary Web Server. Code for full functioning multi-threaded web server in C.
- OpenGL Interactive On-line. The template for web server that creates off-screen images in OpenGL,
reads them as pixel data, wraps them in PNG format and publishes in browsers. The images are created
concurrently in multi-threaded way.
- OpenSSL Server. This is web server that supports HTTPS written as single executable of 500 KB in
size. Unfortunately, this is considered as strong encryption and server is subject to export control.
It can be provided to American companies upon request.
- DCOM in C. Example of writing DCOM application in C, compact and short code.
- Screensaver Template. It can be used for designing customized screensaver. The Windows part is
completely separated and has not to be changed.
- Patented Image Compression. Clear explanation of one patent for image compression along with
- First non-demanded idea. Shows one non-linear generalization of linear regression model.
- Second non-demanded idea. Demonstrates the way of obtaining stable solution for large size
of system of linear algebraic equations with approximately known data.
- Neural Networks. Shows different non-linear model that can be applied successfully similar to
- C# worker thread and GUI. Shows how to access GUI from worker thread in C#. Elementary example
- iROLZ data archiver. The example of data archiver. The program about 500 lines long capable to
compress data with ratio and performance near popular archivers: bzip2, WinRAR, BALZ, 7zip.
- Non-Huffman tree. Example or usage binary near optimal tree with special advantage. It provides
extremely fast update and can be used in adaptive entropy coding.
- Explanation of binary arithmetic coder along with programming sample.
- Suffix sort example.
- Algorithm of categorization of text documents.
- Comparison of Non-negative Matrix Factorizaion and Probabilistic Latent Semantic Analysis.